Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What You Said To Lao Tse?

Because the Muslim students were all taking an exam in the hall, the non-Muslims from different classes were grouped together and placed in a few classrooms. I was in charge of one such classroom and the kids were so noisy, I switched off the ceiling fans until they kept quiet. Later, one of the boys was so rude to me, I forced him to stand on his chair for more than half an hour. The other teachers who saw were amazed that he even listened to the instructions. However, there was a great deal of mumbling in Chinese, which of course I could not understand. When the next slot came, the Muslim students were still in the hall so I had another class of non-Muslims to babysit. This one was all Chinese. Some boys were sitting together in a large group, so I planted myself in the center and had them give me a crash course in Chinese swearing. They were very amused and they happily obliged. I can now say a few things which would make any mother's heart bleed but of course, I'm not going to put them here...

1 comment:

Rizz said...

seriously arent you abit too tame for a teacher? - R -