Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Art Exam

"Subjek Seni tak penting lah, Cikgu!"

The kids at school don't really like art. It's the social stigma that says art students are the bad students. What they really need to wake up to is the fact that their own school has reached a point where all students are bad students. That said, some of them really have talent.


The students were asked to re-draw a given scene (they were allowed to choose the time of day and to add in other interesting details) and to decorate a blank bag (as illustrated).

This bag was one of my favourites - I really like the bright colours.

This very clever girl asked her teacher (I wasn't in her classroom yet) for permission to go outside and pick some leaves, which she painted and pressed onto her drawing.

This particular student is also quite good at drawing beautiful manga. I've already asked her to draw some pictures for me, which I intend to use as classroom material.

This guy is probably more of a night person - I dig his style.

I've saved the best for last - this one was my phone wallpaper for a couple of days.

1 comment:

Your Average Mat said...

nice collection. perhaps u could do some online gallery projects for them. :)