Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Jump For Joy or How To Be A Bad Student

Matt took this photo years back and I remember him saying something along the lines of, "Bayangkan esok kita dah grad, we have to take more pictures like this, okay?" He badly wanted to make a commercial out of it so he added the slogan "Achieving beyond possibilities" (which in my opinion says a lot about what he really thinks of my achievements and possibilities - Gee thanks a lot Matt). Any takers on UPSI's real slogan, anyone?

Pretty soon we'll have something real to show for everything we've had to put up with for the past six years. God, has it really been that long? Oh I feel old now.

Pretty soon it'll be payback time and all my ex-teachers are rubbing their hands with glee. Remember when your teachers used to say, "Esok kalau awak jadi cikgu, baru awak tahu..."? Here's a quick list of things I'm sorry I ever did because I know kids will give me the same in the definitely-not-too-distant-now future (Wow I must really like lists):

1) Skip classes (school, for that matter)
2) Skip homework
3) Cook up lousy excuses for (1) and (2)
4) What the heck is "revision"?
5) Not pay attention
6) Show a preference for the tuition teacher (She was nice to me!)
7) Fashion Police certain teachers (Not many of us could resist this one)
8) See No. 5 again
9) Fight back and refuse to believe in much of what they were saying
10) Not fully apply myself (This one I regret the most)

Truth be known, a lot of motivational so-called self-help stuff will tell you to go ahead with No. 9 but what do I know - I don't write those. I always end up being forced to believe in a lot of things anyway (except God but that's a given - I love God). This is what we call learning new things every day :-)

Got that, class? Understand-ing? Understood-ed?
[And they trust me to teach English.]

I miss my students.

2 comments:

wanderfulmadnificent said...

hey eva jang! nicely put on how we would be teachers in the future and the things we do back in the past when we were in school would haunt us, noooo, scary man, wonder to get away from that, haha, we do the things they hate too like whatever :p

April Fimbristylis said...

Im quite worried kena karma. Last time i always ponteng kelas too, later sure tuhan balas blk punya. Huhu..