Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Would You Call Me Stupid?

"So are you excited about tonight's birthday party?"

"Oh I'm not going - I'm seeing a friend of mine."

"Really? Wish you could join us, A. How about you, B?"

"Oh B's meeting up with a friend, too."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, what a coincidence..."

*Fast-forward 4 hours*

"Hi, C. How many of us are there tonight?"

"Not too many..."

"Hey, how come we're not celebrating D's birthday as well? After all, it's between E and F's birthday."

"Oh didn't you hear? A bunch of them wanted to celebrate D's birthday. Just them."

"Why not celebrate three birthdays instead of just one?"

"I don't know."

If you haven't figured it out by now, A and B are very good friends of mine.

I don't know about you, but in my opinion "We didn't want a big party" or even "You're not invited" probably would have hurt a lot less than a lie. But that's just me.

No comments: