Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mou Ichido Kudasai

Some of you may know I'm currently trying to learn Japanese. I know I've always wanted to learn a foreign language but I'm not sure why I would begin with such a tough one. Maybe because this time I actually have some help from a native speaker. I could have learned Dutch from Pieter but even he didn't want to teach me because he knew it would be very difficult. So, thank you Christopher Francis Ishizuka for being so patient and understanding ^_^ Arigato gozaimasu!

What I find funny about learning a foreign language while studying TESL is that I do catch myself applying the theories we talk about in class. I give myself drills, I immerse myself in the language through songs and anime, I play around with the words - it's hilarious. I kind of feel like I'm my own case study. Anyway, wish me luck! Or as they say, gambatte!

To any native speakers of Japanese reading this: Sumimasen, nihongo wa sukoshi dake dekimasu!

No comments: