Friday, January 2, 2009

Nani remembered The Notebook

Nani is such a sweetheart : )

Leaving for Kedah in the morning... I cannot wait to get the final semester over and done with! Six years of TESL is hell. At least with med school, all six years are necessary. My classmates agree that our second year of foundation was not, which leaves us all fuming at the thought of a wasted year. Honestly, I could have been working for months by now! I need money, dammit. In this day and age, who doesn't? Some more Z was supposed to find me work and he didn't, the traitor ; )

But what really pissed me off was how I had to turn down another invitation to read at a literary event... Do you have any idea what it actually means to be invited (by the British Council, no less) to read at an event? The kind lady was like, "Oh I thought you'd finished studying by now..." and in my head I was going, "Yeah, one would think, right?" Why, God, why?

The good news is, something tells me the headache and tension of a final semester mixed with the anxiety of future posting and postgraduate studies is going to give me a lot to write about. Wish me luck!

No comments: