Friday, January 16, 2009

A Duet In Light And Darkness


White:
There are four lights on my ceiling
You flip one switch and all four come on
The bedroom, my operating theatre
Where I lay me down to be fixed
I need to be poked and poked and swirled and fixed
I need to be cut up and sewn back together

I have lighted too many fires for myself
and now it's all too bright

Though you know
Pride will not let me share my burdens with you
My lights are mine
and mine alone

Black:
I am engulfed in darkness
The darkness that I like
Like everything else in my life
except you and your lighted room
being cut up and sewn back together
and my family and God
Life is like darkness to which we light fires
and I think I have lost all of mine

Then maybe you should give me some of yours
and then maybe we could be blind together

Because you forget
You're not alone

A Duet In Light And Darkness (2009)
Written by Ahmad Faiz Abdul Aziz and Evanna Mohamad Ramly

2 comments:

Your Average Mat said...

I got to say .. Awww.. heh..

PoetryGirl said...

Couldn't have put it better myself, Mat ; )