Monday, December 28, 2009

One Kid

All I asked was to be able to make a difference in the life of at least one kid each year. This year, I certainly hope I had made that difference. To the kids who were abused, bothered by peers, losing interest in their studies, getting in with the wrong crowd, hated teachers and the like - I spoke to you all and I hope what I said made a difference. If not now, years down the line...

I don't know if this means anything to anyone, but today I checked my MySpace account and I saw that one of my students had left me a comment on my page. In response to the question of whether or not I'd be teaching him again next year, he had this to say:

"arap2 ckgu yg ajar.. amin.. :-D" [siap ada 'amin' yang tak tahan tu]

Oh God bless you, kid. You've made my year. You and the others who pray they get me for a teacher next year - I love you guys, too :-) Look forward to 2010!

1 comment:

wanderfulmadnificent said...

at first i was berkobar kobar to enter my students' life and be a part of em but then i realized that i rather not and focus on the ones i target because of factors that attract me and i also reluctantly realized that i can't and won't be able to make a difference in all. so these reality checks make me more focused and showered me with hope because if we had touch even one students' life then that's all the miracle we need aite?

good luck to us all :)